Guard yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers.
SAFETY TEAM BASIC TRAINING
The Safety Team Basic Training course is designed for new safety teams or existing safety teams that have not received formal training. The day and a half academy covers a variety of essential topics to prepare lay first responders to function as a highly effective safety team.
Upon completion of Safety Team Basic Training, team members will be able to:
· Define the term Church Safety Team
· Explain the need for a church safety team
· Identify the legal framework for forming a member-volunteer church safety team in Texas
· Identify the duties and responsibilities of a church safety team
· Describe the basic elements of a team structure
· Employ the concept of situational awareness
· Describe the Texas statutes governing license to carry holders as safety team members
· Demonstrate conflict resolution and de-escalation skills
· Discuss Texas use of force statutes
· Become First Aid/CPR and AED Certification
· Become Advanced Bleeding Control Certification
· Facilitate evacuations and shelter in place activities in emergency situations
· Explain/demonstrate the proper use of a fire extinguisher
BASIC FIRST AID, CPR, AED
First aid training prepares you to provide care to both children and adults during times of crisis such as chocking, bleeding emergencies, heat related emergencies and other acute onset emergencies. Our First Aid classes give you the information and the skills you need to help adults and children during many emergency situations.
Sudden cardiac arrest can happen to anyone, at any time. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED), if available, can help save a life during a cardiac or breathing emergency.
Guard the Flock offers Basic First Aid, CPR and AED certifications from The American Red, Cross, American Heart Association and the American Safety and Health Institute.
ADVANCED BLEEDING CONTROL
Severe bleeding is the most treatable cause of death due to trauma. Advanced Bleeding Control is designed to provide detailed instruction on the control of external bleeding including, the use of direct pressure, commercial pressure bandages, tourniquet and packed dressings. These are all techniques that can be employed in a severe bleeding situation such as a gunshot wound, major cuts, slices and punctures.
Serious and life-threatening medical emergencies often cause oxygen to be depleted in the body leaving the victim at risk for shock. MEDIC First Aid Emergency Oxygen program focuses on administering emergency oxygen to breathing and non-breathing persons, emergency oxygen delivery systems and integrating pulse oximetry.
USE AND ADMINISTRATION OF EPINEPHRINE AUTO-INJECTOR
Covers use and administration of epinephrine auto-injectors, the legal considerations for administering epinephrine and how to prepare for an anaphylactic emergency.
CHILD AND BABYSITTING SAFETY (CABS)
Intended for those who plan to provide babysitting services to young children and infants. The program includes instruction on starting a babysitting business, proper supervision, basic caregiving skills, and guidelines on how to recognize and handle problems that may occur. This program DOES NOT provide instruction or certification in CPR.
To find out more about our training courses and practice scenarios, or to get pricing for your organization, call us at (832) 520-7144 or use the Contact Us for by clicking below.